Polar Plunge Round 2 March 13, 2021
We are gearing up for a second Polar Plunge event, to ring in a brand new year at the Humane Society! Make sure you either sign up (if you're brave enough), or sponsor your friends! Our reigning champion from 2020, Molly Llewellyn raised $1,000 for the shelter, and you can too! Let's give a big thanks to our returning and new sponsors!
City National Bank
Cool Techs Heating & Air
MDUB Chauffeur Services
State Farm Aders Insurance
Polar Plunge will take place at the Front Royal 4H center, at Lake Culpeper! We've asked them to make sure the water is as cold as possible, for your enjoyment. Be there - February 20th at 11am.
We aim to make sure we are following all CDC guidelines and social distancing, and with the event being held outdoors, we will have plenty of space to spread out and mask up.
Your favorite local band, Rough Draught will be returning again this year, and are working on some of your favorite songs from the movie Frozen - kidding!
We expect City National will likely be warming up your drinks again this year with some merriment, and the marshmallows will be ready for the big bonfire.
Covid-19 Safety Protocols for Polar Plunge
- Groups of 10 at a time, at scheduled plunge times. Spectators are welcome to tune in on Facebook live.
- Temperature checks will be required upon check in. Anyone with fever or Covid-19 symptoms will be asked to join us virtually.
- 5 people at a time in the water – spaced 6 ft. apart upon entry.
- MASKS ARE MANDATORY – we will provide them.
- Multiple handwashing stations available.
- Heated tent with changing pods spaced 6-10 ft. apart.
- Sanitizer station outside each pod.
- Lysol pods between each use.
- Food and drinks will be available in single serve, prepackaged containers.
We do require that participants are over the age of 18.